As football gears up once again, try this great snack idea to keep your fans in the game!
Cheesy Crab Nachos
- 1 cup Monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 1 cup Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 8 ounces whipped cream cheese
- 1 Lb. cups lump crab meat (fresh is best, but imitation as well as canned can work)
- 1 tbsp. fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 jalapeno peppers – or – 2 tbsp. canned mild green chilies
- 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp. seasoning salt
- 1/2 tsp. chili powder
- tortilla or pita chips
- a dollop of sour cream, diced table onion, and black olive to garnish (optional)
In a medium microwave safe bowl combine crab, cream cheese and seasonings.
Stir gently and microwave at 30 second intervals till warm.
Line an oven proof plate with chips, spoon on the crab mix and top with cheese…pop into the oven to melt cheese and sever warm and gooey. Share and feast!