Having some company over to watch the game? Here is a sure winner every time!
In my days down in Dallas, some of the ladies would bring this delicious snack in for our occasional office spreads. This particular Jimmy Dean version is basically the same old recipe except with a little extra oopmh!
Sausage Cheese Balls with a Kick
- 1 pkg. Jimmy Dean® Premium Pork Hot Roll Sausage
- ¾ cup all-purpose baking mix
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- ¼ cup finely chopped onion
- ¼ cup seeded, finely chopped fresh jalapeño peppers
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- ⅛ teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
Preheat oven to 375°F. Mix all ingredients in large bowl just until blended. Shape into 36 (1-inch) balls.
Place in 2 lightly greased baking pans.
Bake 12-14 minutes or until done (160°F).
Serve with toothpicks, if desired.