Searching for something new to try in the way of seafood, something fusion and something New Zealand, I scored a direct hit with this.
Lemongrass Prawn Curry
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 small brown (yellow) onion, sliced
- ½ jar Lingham’s ® Malaysian lemongrass Curry Paste
- ½ cup TCC ® Premium Coconut Cream
- 1 stem lemongrass, bruised
- ½ cup water
- 1 cup carrots, sliced
- 500g 1½ cups) green prawns
- 1 bunch broccolini, stems removed
- Salt, to taste
- ½ cup mint leaves, torn
Place vegetable oil in a heated saucepan, add garlic and onions. Cook until soft and add Lingham’s Malaysian Lemongrass Curry Paste.
Fry for several minutes until fragrant then add coconut cream, lemongrass stem and water.
Bring to the boil and add carrots. Cook for 5 minutes, then add prawns.
Simmer for 3 minutes, add broccolini and cook for 2 minutes. Remove the lemongrass, stir through salt and mint. Serve with rice.
Find this and other similar recipes on Asian Inspirations.