Sauteed mushrooms make a wonderful accompaniment to many dishes, this versatile method goes well with red or white meat entrees.
- 2 pounds small white mushrooms cleaned and rinsed
- 1 medium white onion minced
- 4 ounces (1 stick) of butter
- 1 cup wine (red or white – your choice)
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon Lawry’s seasoned salt
- 1 teaspoon black cracked peppercorns
Simmer onions and 1 tablespoon butter in skillet or saucepan until clear (about 5 minutes).
Add whole mushrooms, wine, water, remaining butter and sprinkle with seasoned salt and pepper.
Sautee over medium heat for at least 30 minutes until desired degree of done-ness.
Serve on the side of steaks, kebabs, chicken fillets, pork chops or fish – the possibilities are endless.