A simple and delicious recipe for antipasto (Latin for “before the meal”, as opposed to the colloquial deviation, antipasta), a great idea for a summertime salad, side, or snack!
- 12 ozs tri-color rotini
- 1 pt cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1½ Cs cucumber, diced
- 1½ Cs broccoli florets, tiny chopped
- 1 C yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 1 C olives, sliced
- ¾ C baby carrots, thinly sliced
- ¼ C red onion, chopped
- 3 ozs pepperoni, thinly sliced (optional)
- ½ C parmesan cheese, finely shredded
- 1½ Cs Italian salad dressing
Bring a large pot of water to a boil, boil the pasta just to al dente (about 7 to 8 minutes, longer if higher altitude), drain, then rinse under cold water to cease the cooking process.
While the pasta is cooking, you can chop up all the vegetables.
Drain the noodles, then combine all the veggies, pepperoni, and parmesan cheese into a large mixing bowl. Pour in the dressing and toss to evenly coat.
Refrigerate over-night and serve cold.