Another job for your cast iron skillet, this simple side will enhance any meal – breakfast included!
Fried Salt and Vinegar Potatoes with Dill
- 2 lbs. Gold Russet potatoes, thinly sliced.
- 9 ozs. distilled white vinegar.
- 2 tbspns. butter.
- 1 to 2 cups of water.
- Fresh ground Sea salt, to taste.
- Cracked black pepper, to taste.
- 2 tbspns. fresh dill, chopped.
In a medium sized saucepan, saute sliced potatoes on medium-high heat in 1 cup of vinegar, covered by about 1 inch of water, until tender (10 to 15 minutes), then drain.
Melt butter in a cast iron skillet, then add potatoes and saute over medium to high heat until crispy and golden brown, flipping occasionally with spatula.
Before serving from the skillet, sprinkle with dill, remaining vinegar and desired amount of ground salt and pepper.