Using a basic apple bake recipe, I kept adding to it and finally decided to write down the ingredients and post it here.
Ad Hoc Apple Crisp
- 8 apples (Jonathan)
- 4 Tsps. butter or margarine
- 5 Oz. apple cider
- 3 Oz. chicken stock
- 6 Oz. raisins
- 4 Tsps. brown sugar
- 1 Tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 2 Tsp. cinnamon
- 1 Tsp. salt
- 2 Tsp. nutmeg
- 2 Tsp. paprika
- 1/2 Cup Crushed pecans or walnuts
- 12 Oz. oatmeal
- 1/4 Cup flour
- 1/2 Cup water
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease Pyrex baking dish with Pam or similar product.
- Core, peel and thinly slice apples.
- Place into pyrex.
- Mix cider, stock, raisins, vanilla extract, brown sugar, cinnamon, salt and pour over the apples.
- Cover with butter.
- Mix oatmeal, flour, water and cover apples with the mixture.
- Sprinkle nutmeg and paprika over the top.
- Bake on for 20 minutes or until browned to satisfaction.
“An apple a day keeps the doctor away.”
~ Anonymous HMO Subscriber