This classic Italian chicken dish is a must for every cook’s repertoire.
- ¼ cup of flour
- salt and pepper to taste.
- 4 chicken breasts (boned and skinless)
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- ½ cup of dry marsala wine
- ½ cup of chicken stock
- ½ lemon. Squeeze the lemon juice
- ½ cup of white sliced mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon of fresh chopped parsley
Season the flour with salt and pepper.
Lightly coat the chicken breast with seasoned flour.
Heat the olive oil in a frying pan on medium heat.
Place the chicken breast in the pan and brown on both sides then remove from the pan and set aside.
Add the dry Marsala wine to the pan and gently bring to boil removing the alcohol.
Add the chicken stock, lemon juice and stir in the mushrooms. Lower the heat and cook for about 10 minutes reducing the marsala sauce.
Return the browned chicken breast to the pan spooning over the sauce.
Cook for about 5 minutes on each side until cooked.