Putting in a lot of overtime on a project a number of years ago, our Project Manager would make it all worthwhile by having muffuletta sandwiches delivered for lunch! Nothing satisfies like a Muffuletta sandwich, a hunger solution for all seasons!
- 1 10″ round loaf Italian bread with Sesame (or a soft round Italian bread)
- 1 C Olive Salad
- ½ lb Genoa Salami
- ¼ lb Capicola or deli ham
- ¼ lb Mortadella (I omit this but the real thing has it)
- 1/8 lb Sliced Mozzarella (3-4 thin slices)
- 1.8 lb Provolone (3-4 thin slices)
Cut the bread in half length wise.
Brush both sides with the oil from your Olive Salad or really good extra virgin olive oil, go a little heavier on the bottom.
Begin layering your ham, mortadella and salami on the bottom half of the bread. Top with your cheeses.
Next, add the olive salad from the center out. Put the lid on and press it down without smashing the bread.
Optional: toast/warm up in you oven for a few minutes.
Quarter it. You’ve just created pure heaven!